What do you mean Nutrition Functional
Healthy mind healthy body. Following the current needs of society, to balance the day’s run the day with a better quality of life, a food method has gained increasing notoriety and fans in the world: functional nutrition. Dynamically, the concept of treatment runs away from traditional lines used to address and prevent, the “more humane” way – focused on each individual- complex chronic disorders that create health hazards.
Founded in 1990 by doctor Jeffrey Bland, founder of the Institute for Functional Medicine (IMF), the United States, functional nutrition is the interaction between all body systems, including the relationships between physical functioning and psychological aspects through a specific look at each person, often motivated by the inadequacy of the quality of our food, the quality of the air we breathe, the water we drink, sedentary lifestyle and emotional changes that we, especially depression.
“When compared to traditional nutrition, functional is a slightly different method, because it works with biochemical individuality and the effects of food on the body of each being more comprehensive than just establish food plans based on the calorie count. This way of conduct nutrition has demonstrated even more positive health outcomes, to produce improvements in the body as a whole, “said nutritionist Caroline Codonho specializing in the functional area, explaining treatment procedures on a diet. “The purpose of functional nutritional education is based on an anti-inflammatory diet. When we are inflamed have trouble losing weight, bowel function does not show the cellulite, increases cholesterol, increases stress and so on, an overall disequilibrium”, emphasized nutritionist. In Brazil – Despite being relatively new in Brazil, arrived in 2003 with the first graduate programs, functional nutrition was immediately placed as one of the main options for professionals, so that the country now has the world’s largest project training experts in the field. There are now over 3000 postgraduates professional nutritionists and many others in training.
Nutrition Functional Clinic principles
1) individuality Biochemistry: Most of the expression of our genes depends on the environment, therefore, the functional nutrition search interaction of each gene, food and environmental factors (toxins, pollutants, mental stress, physical activity) to “modular” our genes, inhibiting those associated with diseases, to raise the associated health.
2) treatment patient-centred: The method is directed to the patient and not the disease, the opposite of traditional medicine. It becomes more important to know that the patient has the disease than to know what disease the patient has. The individual is approached as a whole, a set of systems that interrelate and are influenced by environmental factors, emotional, nutritional, pathological, medication use, lifestyle and physical activity.
3) Nutritional balance and bioavailability of nutrients: It becomes important to the supply of nutrients in adequate amounts and in balance with all the others, so there is optimizing its absorption and utilization by the cells.
4) Inter-relationships with physiological factors: All functions of our body are interconnected. The web of functional nutrition considers the mutual interrelatedness of all internal biochemical processes, so that influence on the other, generating disorders covering the various systems, correcting the cause instead of just generic symptoms.
5) Health as a positive vitality: Health is not merely the absence of disease, but the result of several relationships between organic systems, so we analyze the physical signs and symptoms, mental and emotional that may be on the basis of the problems presented.
What is functional nutrition
Functional Nutrition is a dynamic way to address, prevent and treat complex chronic disorders by detecting and correcting the imbalances that lead to disease. These imbalances are due to inadequate quality of our food, the air we breathe, the water we drink, the exercises (more or less) and emotional changes that pass.
These “mismatches” are considered according to the genetic individuality that occurs in each of us. Let a few examples: while an individual is allergic to shrimp the other is not. As for the coffee can cause headaches and insomnia, to another not. While one needs more zinc (eg 25mg) to produce enough acid in your stomach, the other needs less (ex .: 10mg). While a need to keep more omega-3 triglycerides and HDL at appropriate levels, the other needs less.
Similarly, the data and commands that put on a computer determine the operation of this machine, the information we put into our body, determine its operation. Nutrients (whether good or bad, balanced or unbalanced), toxins, hormones and neurotransmitters are the “information” we put into our bodies every day. If you do not like how your machine is running, change the information it provides to it! Better yet, “hire” a programmer, functional nutritionist to help you in this task!
Functional Nutrition considers the interaction between all body systems, including the relationships between physical functioning and emotional aspects.